I always say, I love electricity. If it were out/gone, there would be NO A/C. I can't imagine that on hot Summer days and nights. Yeah we can all turn down the A/C, or suck on a popsicle but how about these...
1. Lick your wrists. LOL, Yeah monkeys lick their wrists when they're hot. So, why not us? There is always running your wrists under cold water but licking would help in the situation that you don't have access to cold running water I guess.
2. Spice up the barbeque chicken! Spicy foods actually cool you down.
3. Keep your lotion in the fridge. That way, when you put it on, it will keep you cold for a while. I always do this with my aloe vera gel, that way it really soothes a sun burn.
4. Turn off the TV and computer equipment. Actually, unplug all unused electronics. Modern TVs generate a TON of heat. So when you're not watching, turn them off & unplug them.
5. Put your mattress on the floor. Heat rises, the closer you get to the floor, the cooler it will feel. You should also put your fans on the floor and angle them upward.
6. Eat frozen yogurt instead of ice cream. Yogurt has a higher water content than ice cream, so it's better for keeping your body temperature down.