I think we're all pretty up to date on what to do to avoid catching the flu. But what should you do if you DO catch it? Here's some tips:
1) Designate one person as the caregiver and have other household members avoid contact with that person
2) Make sure the person stays home and rests until 24 hours AFTER the fever has gone.
3) Designate a sick room if possible. Keep the following items in the sick room. A trash can lined with a trash bag, alcohol-based hand rub, a cooler or pitcher with ice and drinks, a thermometer and a cup with a straw or squeeze bottle to help with drinking. A humidifier will make it easier for them to breathe.
4) Give plenty of liquids (water and clear liquids) at the beginning and throughout the illness. People with the flu need to drink extra fluids to not get dehydrated.
5) Treat fever and cough with medicines that can be bought at the Pharmacy. If the person gets very sick or has a medical condition (like asthma) that puts them at higher risk of flu complications, call the doctor.
6) Keep everyone's personal items seperate. And disinfect anything that hands touch.
Hope this helps!